Who Inspired Me

I was inspired by two transgender people, Jazz Jennings and Corey Maison. When I was little I never really understood what was going on with me. I really thought that something was wrong. I wasn't the only one in my family to notice that though. One of my older sisters, Heather, had helped me understand more about who I was she showed me a video of someone the same age as me who was going through the same change. Instead of wanting to be a boy she wanted to be a girl. Her name is Jazz Jennings. All throughout my life I had just watched videos on Jazz Jennings just to understand more about who I was. I always hid who I was from my parents because I knew that they wouldn't be as supportive as Heather was. As I got older I started to change how I dressed, if my mom picked out clothes for me then they would just sit in my closet and I would never wear them. I always wanted for her to buy me boy clothes so whenever she took me shopping I would walk to the boys section and she would say I am not getting you that. When we had started this project I looked at her videos again and I felt that I could tell anyone about me and feel like I can be more confident. I had started to look at more videos of transgender kids and I saw the video of Corey Maison and I was inspired even more. When Marlowe told me that she knew Corey's mom she said that she could try and set up an interview with Corey and I. When she said this I was really excited, I would finally get to talk to someone who went through the same change that I am going through right now. Corey was the most sweetest and nicest person that I have met. I hope one day I can meet her in person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What The Difference Between Transgender and Being Intresex

T-shirt Designs

What Transgender means and How You Know Someone Is Transgender